Dave Schappell, founder & CEO of Seattle-based TeachStreet, has launched a new startup drinking game called Hops and Chops — a chance for Seattle startup types to cure Wednesday’s hangover with a Thursday cocktail.
He says it was inspired by Beer and Blog, a Portland gathering which I’ve seen Rick Turoczy tweet about time and again – proof that in some essential alcohol- and startup-related respects, Portland is further advanced than Seattle!
Dave has asked that we spread the word – full text of his invite is quoted below.
Key influencers are already (pardon the pun) hopping on board!
Please help us spread the word about a new recurring happy hour/networking/meet-someone-new event.
Idea is that you can add this to your calendar and always know that folks will be there — grab dinner, have a beer, and head home/back to the computer!
* Where? – Linda’s Tavern (Capitol Hill) – 707 E Pine St, Seattle, WA 98122
* When? – 6:30pm, every Thursday (starting 9/25/08)
* Who/What? – Startup junkies, networkers, folks interested in learning new things and meeting new people, activists, and fun people!
* Why? – Here’s the gist:
o We were inspired by a fantastic recurring Portland happy hour event called Beer and Blog semi-coordinated by Silicon Florist & others.
o We liked that it’s recurring and in a set-location — you can just put it on your calendar, and there’ll always be a few folks to catch up with.
o Folks who start companies are frequently inundated with “let’s have coffee/lunch” requests — this gives you a way to aggregate them and make intros/network in real-time.
* Other? – Idea is that maybe we’ll bring in speakers from time to time… maybe tech-related, or maybe just cool/fun to help you learn something new/meet someone new. We aren’t stressing over it… we’ll figure it out as we go.
* Notifications? – Sign up for our Hops and Chops Twitter or follow the Hops and Chops RSS feed.