If you’ve been around Twitter long enough, certain patterns start to emerge. People start to develop tweeting habits, and for better or worse, those patterns tend to stay fairly stable, at least in my experience. Some people are composite creatures; others are definitely single-tracking.
Do you recognize any of these people?
- GHOST: Starts Twittering, posts a handful of times, then disappears.
- NERDCORE: Hopelessly geeky (and proud of it), writes tweets like this: “Linux.com states eDonkey as best P2P client on linux http://lin.cr/rf. But it was shutdown, wasn’t it? Can anyone confirm it?”
- FLIRT: Writes a lot of tweets with the word “sexy” and “boobs” and “naked” (not necessarily in the same tweet).
- WHORE: Shameless self-promoter of blog posts. Has 10,000 followers.
- WHORE IN TRAINING: Just like a WHORE, but sheepishly apologizes for it every now and then. Wants 10,000 followers.
- MR. GUILTY: Endless naughty-boy revelations about alcohol, gambling, or behaving badly.
- ST. CRISPIN: Today is an opportunity! Carpe Diem! I can’t believe I’m lucky enough to be alive on THIS VERY DAY!
- HIPSTER: Goes to all the cool social networking events and meets with Loic and Scoble and Guy every month. Lets you know about it.
- POLITICAL HARRIDAN: Sends 140-character rants about this or that politician or policy proposal.
- INQUISTOR: 90% of their tweets are questions to their “audience”.
- DILBERT: My office is dysfunctional and I sort of like it because I can tweet about it.
- ZZZ: Sends tweets like “I’m on my 2nd cup of coffee” or “heading home”.
So, which are you? Which other tweeter archetypes am I missing?