I just finished watching a video presentation from TechStars called “Starting your Startup” with a panel composed of Todd Vernon, Brad Feld, and David Cohen. Great stuff. For those of you who need the Cliff’s Notes version of the video, here’s the shorter version, although I really recommend you watch the video:
- Figure out what you can be the best in the world at.
- Don’t worry too much about competitors at the beginning.
- Mentorship is important and often undervalued.
- There’s a fine line between being true to your focus and being responsive to customers.
- Aim for intellectual honesty, check your reality, and recalibrate often.
- Listen more than you talk.
(h/t Andrew Hyde)